Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My 2017 Theme Word: FINISH




Okay - that's just a random photo of the view from my desk, but it is at least finished.  My word for 2017 is FINISH.  As an OCD procrastinator (I wonder what the clinical diagnosis for that is - probably 999.99 Nutjob in the DSM-5) I tend to leave things unfinished when I have become disinterested, frustrated or at a point of major decision.  As I pondered what one word would spur me on to accomplish my goals this year, finish came to mind.  I have already finished four books, but I don't think that counts.  I need to finish a couple of big projects I've been working on, finish my work in a more timely manner, and finally - and probably most importantly, finish my relationship with at least one person in my life.  I have learned over the years that putting an end to an alleged friendship or relationship isn't the end of the world, it doesn't mean I've failed as a friend, or that I am a bad person.  Hanging on to dysfunctional people or people who just plain make you feel bad about yourself is more trouble than it's worth.  These irregular people say whatever they want to you, under the guise of God knows what, and you just feel like crap.  And so I am going to finally put at least one deserving person in my FINISHED pile in 2017 and never think about that part of my life again.  What's your word for 2017?


1 comment:

Faithful Readers...