Friday, August 1, 2014

Welcome!



So let's rewind and start over again here.  It's not July - it's August already and I've just finished a big project that I've been working on for far too long.  Aside from working like crazy on tax returns and client bookkeeping, I've also let my fears and worries get the best of me - leading me to procrastinate on just about everything else.  Including housework.  And writing.  And blogging.  So let me reiterate, I'm excited about my new blog and the new design - can you tell? I began writing my first blog over at Dawn & Aggie back in 2009 - and well, life happens, and my posts dwindled over time until last year I wrote a grand total of seven posts.  Down from three-hundred-twenty-nine in 2010 - my verbosity was at an all time high that year, apparently.  Anyhow, I need to start writing again - and focusing on the positive.  I had a rocky start this year, but I am happy to report that 2014 has improved considerably over the past few months.
Life continues to improve because I choose happiness.


Sadly, I lost my sweet little cairn terrier, Aggie, on December first last year.  She had just turned fifteen in September - complete with a cake and a celebration with her kitty cat brothers.  Needless to say, December was not a good month and I was not prepared for tax season when it arrived in mid-January.  The last eight months have been one long whirlwind of activity and catch-up.  I miss Aggie still and home is quiet and a little empty without my girl.  The lads do their best to keep my company, but you know how cats are: they have staff, not owners.


But I'm staying busy with lots of steady work for clients, catching up on my reading (finally!), and working on a few new home improvement projects and some little decorating changes.  The latest project is enlarging the foyer floor - we removed a piece of carpet that was constantly dirty from client traffic - and squared up the laminate in front of the desk where the client chair is located.  Much better!  And more projects to come...

See you tomorrow!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Faithful Readers...