Sunday, August 3, 2014

A reader's work...


is never done.  Thank goodness!  I'm glad Peter and Bee enjoy reading as much as I do; we are not sure yet if Jasper reads or not.  He's still a bit standoffish about sitting in the living room with us - I guess it will be a while before he finds a spot on the ottoman.


I just finished two great books - a new series by Victoria Abbott.  The Christie Curse is the first in the new Book Collectors' series about a researcher trying to earn grad school tuition named Jordan Kelly.  Set in a small town in New York, Jordan takes a job with the most hated woman in town; her first assignment is to track down a "lost" Agatha Christie play.  The characters are quirky and the story is fast-paced.  Jordan's uncles, who operate somewhat outside the law, are a hoot.  Our heroine returns in The Sayers Swindle, in which she tracks down some missing Dorothy Sayers first editions. 
We can't wait for the next book in the series: The Wolfe Widow!


Since I'm a big Nero Wolfe / Rex Stout fan, I'm excited about this one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm about to take my glass of iced tea and my book and head for the guest room here in Quadville! Would you believe I am reading an old Reader's Digest Condensed book? The story I'm reading now in it seems vaguely familiar.......

    ReplyDelete

Faithful Readers...